Can you tell this was written by the lawyers?
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. We want to protect the privacy of the very young. For that reason, our website is structured to attract adults who can afford to purchase our products. If you are a parent of a child younger than 13 we strongly encourage you to monitor your child’s activity and figure out how they got ahold of your credit card.
Millinery Treasures may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site. Basically, we may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service. The information you provide helps us respond to your requests and needs.
- To personalize the user experience. We want to understand how our Users as a group use our Site.
- To improve our Site. Feedback is really important to improve our products and services.
- To process payments. It should come as no surprise that we use the information that users provide when placing an order. Rest assured that we do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service. The US Post Office likes it when we include a shipping name and address on a package.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature. You win something in exchange…enough said.
- To send periodic emails. Guess what? We may use the email address to send updates pertaining to the order. You would be rather miffed if we didn’t. We may also use the information to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. Again, you would be miffed if we just ignored you.
- To do other activities not yet created. This is a catch-all for things that don’t yet exist. After all, who knew that someday phones would be mini computers.
We don’t want to annoy you so we adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. However, we are a small business and do not have the resources of NCIS.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business, the Site, and/or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission. REMEMBER THERE HAS TO BE AN UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON ON EVERY EMAIL. Just click on it and the dreaded activity will cease.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.